Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 13 - 4/18-24 Question 1: Creativity

1). Provide an example of creativity from your own experience. How does it fit with the chapter's discussion of creativity?

Harris and Sherblom say, “Creativity in this sense involving the power to originate, to break away from the existing ways of looking at things, to move freely in the realm of the imagination” (p.198). The authors completely demonstrate that the creativity is the new thing which breaks away from old things. In this definition, I may think about the creativity of my study in class and would like to share with all of you. In order to save time to flip each chapter of the book, I indicate the number of the chapter on a piece of “Post It” sticker and adhere on the front page of each chapter. Usually, I prepare ten to twelve color stickers for each class. Besides, I use the markers that are corresponding to those chapters and mark down on our weekly reading schedule. Literally, these two particular arrangements are very helpful and let me pay the attention during study. After completion of the classes, these “Post It’ stickers are easily taken off and I can donate or sell my text books as usual at the end of the semester. I do not know whether this creativity will be very helpful to other people, but at least, I follow this way to study for long time in community college as well as in this university.

2 comments:

  1. I like to say I enjoyed reading your response on the subject of creativity. Following this further, I first like to say its good how you keep yourself in order and proficient with the post it tabs. Clearly, then I can understand your such creativity because I have once used ‘Post It” to book mark chapters in books to save the time trying to flip the whole book. However, I also like to say that hearing this made me remember about another time where I used a full size calendar to organize my homework and test by plotting them on the corresponding days they was due. Hearing your example and concept of the creativity put other ideas in my head which such I could use on top of a great idea you have suggested. This concept they shared in the book about sharing which uses ideas from other members to form new ideas and accomplish goals. It was good reading your view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kam,
    I really enjoyed your response on creativity. I believe it is the realm of our imagination. It is doing something with trial and error, and seeing if it works or if we need to tweak it where it can work for our benefits. It also easier when you do need to find that important notes or facts, you can simply just turn into the post it. The post it idea is a creative way to find the reading or something important, or writing the notes on the post it so that we can return the book or books back for use. I believe that anything can be creative as long as you put your mind into it. Really good job Kam

    ReplyDelete