Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Week 14: 4/25-5/1 Question 3 - Brainstorming

3). Pick one concept from the assigned reading, that we have not already discussed, that you found useful or interesting and discuss it.

The Brainstorming is the concept that I want to discuss with all of you this week. In Harris and Sherblom’s text who believe, “Brainstorming is one of the most popular and useful techniques for creative problem-solving” (p.220). I look back to my study in the community college and university at the present stage, I usually have the brainstorming when I am doing my research papers or projects. In the brainstorming, you can make many ideas and criteria because these things are very helpful to widen your thoughts as well as to solve the problems. Likewise, Harris and Sherblom say, “The key to successful brainstorming is establishing a climate that encourages individuals in an open manner” (p.221). While working with the small group project, the brainstorming plays an important role to encourage member to bring their ideas and opinions that may be very helpful to accomplish the task at the end. Sometimes, the creativity in groups or individuals depend on the brainstorming. Harris and Sherblom believe “Brainstorming is one of the many ways to enhance creativity in the group process” (p.221). However, I fully agree with their expressions in the text.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kam, definitely agree. I use brainstorming all the time, especially in my major, art. I am a very visual person, I need to see things on paper before I can attempt to create something or write something. It has helped me through my college career, brainstorming is a great tool. No wonder it is the most popular technique in the creative problem solving process. Brainstorming is so versatile, it can be useful for all problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For one it’s good you chose the topic as brainstorming as a concept you was interested in. I like to say I had similar feeling about this concept for one because brainstorming is an important key factor in planning papers, group projects, and even real life work. Every step that a group goes through first goes off the brainstorming of how the group plans to go about it in a way. In the same way, brainstorming also helps people bring out creativity in presentation and even style, thus making it real interesting when different groups present similar topics, however, each idea and project is different which shows how everybody minds is different. Creativity in groups or individuals depends on the brainstorming. Harris and Sherblom believe “Brainstorming is one of the many ways to enhance creativity in the group process” (p.221) With this in mind we can see that the road to great success is how you plan and brainstorm. I like to say it was good to read your view on the similar topic as mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the comments you stated about brainstorming. I use the brainstorming method all the time in life, whether it is writing essays or papers, in a meeting to make a better work place, or coming up with different practice methods during basketball practice. I brainstorm then I figure out what is the best possible option for my paper or whatever task I have in hand. In a group setting it gives everyone an oppurtunity to share their ideas, then can collaborate with each other which is the best option to make the group get the best possible answers too. Overall it was interesting read and I really enjoyed it. Great post.

    ReplyDelete